Thursday, August 15, 2013

Religion

To say that I am an atheist, may not be true. To say that I am a freethinker, may not be precise as well. I honestly do not know what I am. I believe in a power or rather an energy out there that governs the entire universe or universes or whatever you would like to call it.

Though being brought up as a Hindu, I only use the knowledge I have to pray. Yes, Pray... I do pray.. but not like the way you think... I pray to remind myself; prayer for me is a form of reassurance; you need to tell a certain something to achieve something by believing in something. That's how I am programmed. I need to know that there is a higher authority because I am insecure that way.

I do not believe in reincarnation. I do not believe in heaven or hell. I do not believe that you will have to pay for your sins or reap the benefits of your good deeds. I just believe in being a reasonable human being. Not a good human being but a reasonable one. Why not good? Just because of the fact that assholes deserve to be treated like assholes.

Religion in my opinion has become like an MLM; a business so to speak. Join us, recruit more believers, your sins will be cleansed... Have you not heard that before? NO, WE ARE NOT AN MLM.. WE ARE DIFFERENT. RECRUIT MORE MEMBERS. GOT HUGE BENEFIT WAN!

People seem to have stopped to think; to rationalise and ask questions. Is this what we have become? a majority of followers? a majority of of people with herd mentality? In fact, it still humours me when people still believe in sayings like "Saami kannai kutthirum (god will make you blind if you do not believe/follow/"

What the world needs now are people who are not confined by ideologies. People who are not mere followers. People who are not restricted, and finally, people who are receptive to change. I ask one thing out of you who are reading this, "Question your greatest doubt"

If you wish to debate further, please send your senselessness to vixstarr@gmail.com/ www.twitter.com/vixstarrns



No comments: